Haylen, Jo to the Minister for Education
1. Has data collected through the popular learning application Mathletics been compromised?
a. If so, what is your response to this?
2. Approximately how many students enrolled at New South Wales public schools access and use the application?
3. What is the Department of Education's policy around use of external online learning tools, including Mathletics?
4. What permission is sought from parents and guardians before schools provide student data to Mathletics and other external learning applications?
5. Is information often provided without parent or guardian permission being given?
6. Does this practice comply with departmental privacy policies around the protection of personal information and data?