Information on Centrelink payments and services can be found here.

A guide to Centrelink payments is also available here

Information on how to manage Jobseeker disputes is offered by the Fair Work Commission here.



Cost of living measures offered by the NSW Government can be found here

You can speak with a Cost of Living Specialist and find out what support is available to you here

The Energy and Water Ombudsman has provided a list of resources here when you need help paying bills. 



Centrelink can offer crisis and special help here

Financial counselling and support with managing debt is available through the National Debt Helpline here

The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission also offers information on debt here

Services Australia also offers information on debt here

The Financial Rights Legal Service can also provide advice and support on legal rights matters here

Salvation Army Street Mission: 1300 371 288



The Exodus Foundation Ashfield can help with emergency meals, rent and other finances, health, personal care and counselling. 

Addison Road Community Centre Food Pantry.

Foodbank information here.   

Ashfield Seventh- day Adventist Church. Further information here.

The Station: 9299 2252. 82 Erskine St, Sydney 2000. 

Free meal times:

  • Breakfast 7 days, 7.30-9am.
  • Hot lunch Monday to Friday, 12.30-1pm.
  • Hot lunch Saturday and Sunday, 12-12.30pm.



Information on emergency and crisis housing offered by the NSW State Government can be found here

Link2home is the statewide homelessness information and referral telephone service. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year. For information, assessment or referral to homelessness services and support in NSW, call Link2home:

Domestic Violence Line

‍1800 656 463

Link2home Homelessness

‍1800 152 152

Link2Home Veterans and Ex-Service

‍1800 326 989

Child Protection Helpline

‍13 2111

If you’re online, Ask Izzy is a search tool to help people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness find shelter, food, health and other critical support services.

Specialist homelessness services are available here

You can apply for social housing here

For information on tenants' rights, you can contact The Tenants Union

Inner Sydney Tenants' Advice and Advocacy Service (ISTAAS) provides information for renters here.

Marrickville Legal Centre is also able to assist with some housing matters here.  

The Newtown Neighbourhood Centre's Boarding House Outreach Project can provide support for residents of boarding houses here

Sydney Homeless Early Intervention Service: 1800 212 877

Jewish House - emergency accommodation for anyone at risk of homelessness: 1300 544 357

Salvation Army Inner City Homelessness Early Intervention Service: 9360 1321

Shelter NSW: information here

Legal support for those facing homelessness or who are homeless is offered by the Homeless Person's Legal Service here



Law Access: 1300 888 529 (Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, excluding public holidays).

Legal Aid: 1300 888 529 or online here.

Marrickville Legal Centre can assist with many legal matters and can be reached here.  

The Financial Rights Legal Service can also provide advice and support on legal rights matters here

Homeless Person's Legal Service can be accessed here

Seniors Rights Service provides support to older people here



Emergency: 000

Beyond Blue: 1300 22 46 36

Dementia Support Australia: 1800 699 799

Elder Abuse Helpline: 1800 628 221

Lifeline: 13 11 14 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).

NSW Mental Health Line: 1800 011 511

Suicide Callback Service: 1300 659 467



Emergency: 000

NSW Rape Crisis 1800 424 017

NSW Rape Crisis online counselling www.nswrapecrisis.com.au

Child Protection Helpline 13 21 11

Lifeline 13 11 14

1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732

Gay and Lesbian Anti-violence Project  Freecall: 1800 063060

Victims Support Services can be accessed here

Women's Safety NSW also provides information here



CONNECT: Inner West Community Transport Group: 9558 6800  

Information on the Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme can be found here

Information on NSW Transport concessions can be found here