A question to the Minister for Environment, Heritage and Local Government:
- Why has the Government failed to release information on land-clearing rates since 2015?
- When will the Government release this information to the public?
- How does the Minister respond to criticism that the Government’s recent changes to land-clearing laws have resulted in a sharp spike in illegal land-clearing?
- Why has there been a fall in prosecutions for illegal land-clearing?
- What is the total budget expended in each of the past five financial years to (a) inform residents about the regulations and consequences around illegal land-clearing? (b) enforcing illegal land-clearing laws?