That this House:
- Notes that approximately 29,000 domestic violence assaults were committed in 2014-15, equating to nearly 80 a day.
- Notes a recent survey by the NSW Coalition for Women's Refuges, which found that a third of refuges in New South Wales are uncontactable after-hours.
- Notes other reports that 90 per cent of women's refuges across the State are full.
- Notes that the Government's "Going Home, Staying Home" program has had a continued impact on the capacity of front-line service providers to assist women in need.
- Calls on the Government to immediately address the lack of out-of-hours services available to women and children escaping domestic violence.