A question to the Minister for Innovation and Better Regulation:
- Will the Government establish an independent body to regulate the pet food industry?
- What steps is the Government taking to implement mandatory standards for the pet food industry?
- How many compulsory recalls have there been for pet food in the period between 2011 and 2018 (as at 8 August 2018)?
- How many of the compulsory recalls were due to goods that 'will or may cause injury to any person'?
- How many of the compulsory recalls were due to goods that failed to meet a safety standard suppliers had not taken 'satisfactory action to prevent those goods causing injury to any person'?
Response can be tracked on NSW Parliament's website.