Jo Haylen MP is seeking to employ an Electorate Officer for her office in Marrickville.
The Electorate Officer will work as part of a team to deliver an ambitious program of advocacy, community engagement and constituent representation.
The duties of the position include:
- Connecting, relationship building and working with local residents and community groups;
- organising community functions; media and communications support;
- responding to constituent enquiries and providing high standard of constituent services;
- general office administration, diary and e-mail management; and other duties as directed by the Member.
The successful applicant will have:
- a demonstrable passion for achieving positive progressive change for the people of the Inner West and NSW;
- experience in government, parliamentary or political processes;
- excellent communication skills, including written, interpersonal and digital communication skills;
- strong research and analytical skills;
- a high level of personal organisation.
In addition, familiarity and connection to the Inner West community, or prior community organising experience, would be an advantage.
The position if offered on a full time basis, but job share arrangements will be considered. Other information about salary, terms and conditions of employment can be provided on request.
For information please contact Chris Gambian on 02 9572 5900 or [email protected]
To apply, please send a brief cover letter and CV to:
Jo Haylen MP
Member for Summer Hill
Applications close 5 August 2016.